Friday, October 19, 2012

Having Fun Along the Way

In between curriculum, our online class, serving our neighbors and participating in our volunteer sites.... we like to enjoy each other in laughter and we also take time to enjoy the things we like. A lot of times, I forget about some of the things I like from back home, like my hobbies or what I like to listen to. 

Micheal, one of my housemates, and I are photo geeks, and for his birthday, he got some photo gear. So, we decided to play with his diffuser umbrella some! Here's our little experimentation with his umbrella and some general goofing off.

Ashley Gibbs being a cutie... courtesy of Micheal Mann. Isn't she adorable guys?
Micheal has a tendency to just keep firing away..... Me holding the flash umbrella.
I tried to make Schuyler my subject....
"WHAT'LL HAPPEN IF WE PUT IT UNDER HIS FACE?"
Meaningwhile... Ashliegh Bynum was making our dinner, minding her own business. Everyone cooks at our house. That was her dinner night.
This is kind of magical. Taking a picture of Micheal while he's holding the flash diffuser.
And of course, I like to explore the places I'm in.






















The last few pictures are those that I took outside from our backyard just for funsies. I miss my camera a ridiculous amount, and so, it's nice and refreshing to be able to borrow one from my housemates every once in a while. I'm so excited in just being able to capture some images that'll soon become memories. In our hobbies and in our free time we can remember our uniqueness and some of the gifts we can offer to each others as individuals.

I hope that this finds you well.
From Philly,

~Rachel Virginia.



1 comment:

  1. Rachel, It's so fun to read your blog! I am glad to see that y'all are having fun and enjoying beautiful Southwest Philly. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete