Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Year in Photos



It's a few days until the new year. 2013. Just a few days ago, I was reunited with my camera, of which had been broken and had sat in a repair shop for several months during my time in Philadelphia for Mission Year.
Sense I've gotten my camera, I've been somewhat in loss for what I want to do with photo. I think, even more so, it was when I went to art school that I experienced more of a sense of confusion.
I'm in Durham right now for winter break. I have not had much of the opportunity while I'm in Durham to photo-shoot others due to my lack of relationships and time here, but, at the same time, I do wish to take more photos and experiment.
I'm drawn into the idea of doing a 365 this year. A 365 is when you take a portrait of yourself or something related to your life everyday for a year. I know that last year, or maybe it was back in 2011, I had the idea of doing one, but didn't follow through. I'm hoping that this year, I will be able to. One can try at least. So, I won't be starting today officially, but, I will be prepping and then beginning on the night of the new year. I want this to be an opportunity for me to explore the world of photo again. I want it to be an experience that stretches me, like an exercise -- there will be days that I'm not in the mood to do it, but, I will push through. I'm excited about this, and so excited to have my camera back.
I hope that you will enjoy the 365 that I'm about to endeavor in, as well as the other adventures I hope to be sharing through my photos this year, especially as I go back to 7 more months of Mission Year!

Grace and Peace to you,
~Rachel

P.S. I will not be posting the photos everyday unto this blog, because on this blog, I want to focus primarily on my Mission Year adventure and reflections! I will probably feature other photos as well here. But, to get the most of my 365, you will want to visit my Flicker page every once in a while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment